Those who violate any of the following rules will bedisqualified:
- Receiving drinks or food from unauthorized personnel.
- Not wearing the race number tag and timing chip, or notsecuring the chip on the shoes as stipulated.
- No records of start and finish time in the chip, and no record of entry time any checkpoint.
- Non-compliance with judge instructions.
- Not displaying the race number tag on the chest.
- Use of bicycle, strollers, in-line skates, skateboard or scooter one the racecourse is prohibited.
- Pets (cats and dogs) on the racecourse are prohibited.
- Absence of chip with checkpoint time will result in no time record and disqualified result.
Those who violate the following rules will be disqualified and banned from participating in any Federation activity for one year, and their names posted on the webpage.
- Winning as a result of accepting assistance from another person (such as accepting a ride and support.)
- Registering in incorrect category or using a false ID.
- Violating sportsmanship or ethics (such as fighting, insulting the judges and race officials).
- Substituting with a non-registered runner for the race is prohibited. Wearing two or more chips is prohibited. Those found in violation will be disqualified from the race by the judge(s), and banned from races for one year, and their names of their substitute posted on the Internet.
- Competition disputes: During the race, contestants may not dispute the judges. Any opinions will be dealt with according to competition regulation, and the judges’ decision is final and shall not be appealed.
- Dispute procedure: Any disputes concerning the race should be brought to the attention of the organizer within 10 minutes of announcing race results. A security deposit of NT$3,000 must be submitted to and receipted by the Race Group. All decision by the review committee is final. If the committee finds the dispute unjustified, the deposit will not be refunded and contributed toward the Federation’s RaceFund.
- The 2021 Taroko Gorge Marathon will provide timing chips for all full marathon, half marathon and Leisure Marathon contestants. After the registration and the completion of the collection procedure of the race package, all contestants will receive their race number tags, souvenirs and chips. Security deposit for the chip will be refunded upon return of the chip on-site after the race. Before the race, please read the instruction for using the chip, or ask a race official for assistance. All results of the race will be based on posted official results.
- As per the International Association of Athletics Foundation (IAAF) regulations Article 165.24, the start of the race begins when the gun is fired. Timing for the race begins at the firing of the gun, and winners are determined according to this timing record.
- Exchanging of chips, wearing another person’s chip, or wearing more than one chip per person is prohibited. Violators will be disqualified from the race.
- The chip is proof of timing. Be sure to pass each sensor checkpoint. The Federation is not liable for timing failure as a result of non- compliance with rules on using the chip.
- Please race according to your ability, and do not push and shove one another. Exercise sportsmanship by yielding the front line to faster runners.
- Please start on time. Runners who do not cross the starting line within 15 minutes of the start of the race may be disqualified from and race, and their times will not be included in the race results.